Customised learning: Mental health in the workplace
With nearly half of Australian experiencing a mental health problem in their lifetime and around 20 per cent affected every year by conditions such as anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, it is likely that at some point all workers will be impacted, either directly or indirectly. It pays to know how to respond effectively.
This workshop is provided by SANE Australia and will give participants appropriate information on mental illness to recognise the early warning signs in others and the skills for early intervention. The workshop will cover:
- Prevalence of mental illness
- What is mental illness? - Understanding the different types, symptoms and treatments
- Understanding and recognising the symptoms
- How to help within the boundaries of your role at work
- Common workplace situations and helpful responses
- Information and skills on managing an employee who is living with a mental illness
This program is aimed at new and emerging managers, supervisors and team leaders who may be working with or managing an employee with a mental health condition.
To find out more about how to deliver this program within your organisation email firstname.lastname@example.org. To speak to AHRI's customised learning manager phone Leonie Pilgrim on (03) 9918 9264.
Do you know much about customised learning?
Cost effective, convenient and tailored to your training needs, have you considered customised learning for your organisation? All AHRI’s essential short courses can be customised and delivered in-house on your premises. Visit the customised learning website for more information, email email@example.com or call Leonie Pilgrim on (03) 9918 9264.